We advise government bodies and private companies on all aspects of urban planning law: planning, management, implementation and urban planning regulations.
In particular, our team has extensive experience in the following areas:
- Drafting and handling urban planning instruments: general zoning plans, land division plans, zoning plans, detail studies, special infrastructure and interior remodeling plans.
- Drafting and handling land management instruments: land redivision, cooperation and expropriation plans.
- Drafting, negotiating and handling development agreements.
- Incorporating and advising compensation boards, management commissions, urban planning agents, maintenance entities and other related bodies.
- Preparing reports and legal opinions on urban planning issues.
- Drafting urban planning due diligence reports prior to financing or purchasing real property of any kind or sale and leaseback transactions with international investors.
- Advice on administrative procedures and obtaining construction permits, operating and first occupancy licenses, business licenses, tourism licenses and authorizations on land not zoned for development.
- Legal representation in contentious-administrative appeals involving penalties, expropriations, authorizations, licenses and closure orders, and against urban planning and management instruments.
- Advice on the urban planning aspects of development, implementation and financing of renewable energy projects (project finance) on land not zoned for development.