The ARCO arbitration team is involved in arbitration proceedings on a regular basis, as either arbitrators or lawyers for one of the parties. This enables us to advise our clients on the following areas:
- Advice on the advisability of submitting an agreement or transaction to arbitration, and what type of arbitration.
- Drafting of arbitration agreements to be included in contracts of any kind.
- Establishing rules of arbitration and advice on the most suitable institution or ad hoc arbitration.
- Defining the arbitration procedure in the terms of reference.
- Procedures relating to nullifying, reviewing and executing arbitral awards.
- Procedures relating to the recognition and execution of foreign arbitral awards in Spain.
- Legal representation in arbitration proceedings before Spain’s most important courts of arbitration, including the Corte Civil y Mercantil de Arbitraje (Civil and Commercial Arbitration Board - CIMA), Corte Española de Arbitraje (Spanish Court of Arbitration), Tribunal Arbitral de Barcelona (Arbitration Board of Barcelona - TAB), Corte de Arbitraje de la Cámara de Comercio de Madrid (Madrid Chamber of Commerce Court of Arbitration), etc.